All volunteers stay in a private home managed by our Volunteer Coordinator in the small town of Shakaskraal, just 9.5km away from our sanctuary and 9km from the seaside town and fabulous beaches of Ballito on the Indian Ocean.
The house can accommodate a maximum of 8 volunteers in two twin bedrooms and one huge quadruple room. All of our bedrooms are ensuite and there is an additional shared bathroom.
The cost of the volunteer accommodation package is R3,750 per week and includes:
- Accommodation in a twin or quad room;
- 3 meals per day (self-service cold breakfast and lunch with a full evening meal served in the dining room). We can cater for different dietary needs, please just be sure to state these on your application form.
- Limited Wifi;
- Use of the TV room with full satellite TV package;
- Use of the lounge;
- Use of the book swap library, playing cards and board games;
- Use of the well-stocked bar, where we operate an honesty bar system;
- Transport to the sanctuary on your work days;
- Airport/bus or train station transfers at the start and end of your stay;
- Occasional trips to Ballito and surrounds;
- Support of an on-site Volunteer Coordinator who will answer your questions, give you ideas on what you can do in the local area, help you to arrange transport etc.
For more information or to check availability for your preferred dates, please email our Volunteer Coordinator.
Or simply download and complete the Application Form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org